Aircraft Component Repair Technicians (REQ# 177844)
Aircraft Component Repair Technicians (REQ# 177844)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Component Repair Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with our client’s Repair Station requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply basic and some advance skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up, maintain, and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA RS requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Lays-out, removes, fabricates and/or installs major and minor repairs to flight controls and other secondary structure components(I.E: honeycomb core sandwich construction techniques, composite repair techniques, test bench operations, hydraulic press operations, servicing carts)
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for ALL aircraft models.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Utilize training and tools to effectively troubleshoot complex electrical circuits and or systems during component repair process.
- Assist with training and instructing of Acft Component Repair I Techs.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, referring the more complex issues to higher levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma/GED.
- Able to interpret blueprints, engrg docs and use precision measuring tools.
- Proficient operation of all tools/equip in the dept incl glass bead & carboblast machines.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- 2 years experience in one of the following or other related experience: Sheet Metal, hydraulic overhaul, electrical/electronic harness buildup, electrical systems troubleshooting, battery servicing, APU removal, installation, and servicing
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.