Aircraft Composite Technicians
Aircraft Composite TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Composite Technicians in Houston, Texas.
We are looking for a composite mechanic to repair and maintain our aircraft. You will also be required to fabricate and order replacement parts of the aircraft as needed. This position requires a strong mechanical knowledge, the ability to understand, troubleshoot, and fix problems with aircraft, and previous experience in a similar field. You must have a comprehension of common aircraft manuals and materials, as well as the ability to work and move and lift a required amount.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect aircraft composite components for wear, warping, cracks, and leaks
- Analyze and understand aircraft blueprints, specifications, and maintenance manuals to make repairs
- Conduct maintenance operations like removing and replacing aircraft and power plant components, including wings, pylons, fuselages, and nacelles
- Fabricate replacement parts as needed
- Ensure all repairs are up to FAA and manufacturer specifications
- Order supplies, equipment, materials, and parts for repairs and general maintenance
- Keep detailed records of inspections, maintenance, repairs, and parts inventory
Education & Experience:
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and an Airframe and Powerplant License certificate from a program approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand engineering documents and schematics
- Knowledge of metal, alloys, composite materials, aircraft adhesives, and sealants
- Strong hand-eye coordination and proficiency in using tools
- Sufficient physical strength and dexterity to climb on aircraft and manipulate replacement parts
- Knowledge of the use, handling, and disposal of hazardous materials
- High-level organization skills
- Show a continued aptitude for new assigned work
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions
- Meet all regulatory requirements per FAR 65
- High School education or equivalent and one year experience as a service technician
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.