Aircraft Composite Technicians
Aircraft Composite TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Composite Technicians in Mesa, Arizona.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops lay-up and assembly set-ups and techniques for the fabrication of composite structural and assemblies.
- Sets up and troubleshoots composite parts for assembly or layup.
- Assemblies or lays up parts and components.
- Identify nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes.
- Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
- Sets up composites parts for fabrication; reads and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
- Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and sub assembly.
- May provide technical leadership: demonstrate and explain production operations; lead teams on assignments; check quality and quantity of work; troubleshoot fabrication problems and recommend solutions.
- Follows up with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non conformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
- Knowledgeable of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.
- This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
- Prefer specialized vocational training and 1 to 3 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education & Training Requirements:
- Preferred specialized vocational training and 1 to 3 years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Potential to work 4×10 hour shifts.
- All candidates must be willing to work either first or second shift.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.