Aircraft Composite Technicians
Aircraft Composite TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Composite Technicians in Mesa, Arizona.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops lay-up and assembly set-ups and techniques for the fabrication of composite structural and assemblies.
- Sets up and troubleshoots composite parts for assembly or layup.
- Assembles, lays up, or supports via autoclave, GFM, and other processes the fabrication of parts and components.
- Identify nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes.
- Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Develops lay-up and assembly processes, set-ups, and techniques.
- Sets up composites parts for fabrication; reads and interprets drawings, planning, process specifications, and other documents to understand tooling, materials, sequence of operations, techniques, and other factors required for fabrication.
- Assembles and repairs simple to complex composites parts and components within quality and time standards; performs metallic and nonmetallic assembly and subassembly.
- Follows up with Production Control to ensure that resources are available.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
- The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
- Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions, in English
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of composite parts and assemblies.
- This job requires High School diploma or equivalent and 1 to 3 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relocation: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation.
- Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- This is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- Successfully completing training is a contingency for this assignment
- Must be computer literate and able to navigate computer
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.