Aircraft Electrical Engineers
Aircraft Electrical EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Electrical Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering drawings for avionics and electrical system interface wiring using computer based drafting tools (IAI HarnesSYS).
- Perform analysis requiring frequent application of engineering principles.
- Will write technical descriptions of subject matter pertinent to design or test requirements. (Descriptions of supplier parts, test or rigging specifications, etc.)
- Prepare functional test documents for avionics and electrical systems.
- Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 25.
- Will prepare, evaluate, and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace industry.
- Previous experience with Part 25 Type Certification (TC) projects is required.
- Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 25 is required.
- Experience with the design, development, and certification of an integrated Avionics Flight Deck is required.
- Experience with the design, development, and certification of the Garmin Integrated Flight Deck is strongly desired.
- Electronic drafting experience with IAI HarnesSYS electrical design program is desired.
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Visio experience is desired.
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
- Design knowledge of EWIS (CFR 14 Part 25 17.XXXX) is desired.
- Design knowledge of DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 is required.
- Design knowledge of ARP-4761 and ARP-47545A is required.
- Experience with Head Up Display or Enhanced Vision System is considered a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited institution is required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.