STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Electricians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the performance of aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing, troubleshooting, adjustment, repair and installation of any complex or non-complex aircraft electrical or electronic system in the testing, development and modification of aircraft and related systems in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Perform assembly, installation, check-out physical characteristics, operational testing and modification of wire bundles in the testing, development and modification of aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Able to use a variety of manual hand tools such as crimpers, strippers, wire cutters, heat shrink gun, etc.
- Competencies with Avionic Test Equipment to include Meters, Spectrum Analyzers, and RF line sweep principles, and Automatic Test Equipment.
- Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, wiring diagrams, technical manuals, written instructions, etc.
- Able to assemble, modify, and install wire bundles, conductors and other electrical components.
- Able to effectively communicate, orally and written, with other employees, members of supervision, and others, as required in their duties.
- Able to clearly document maintenance and repair actions, equipment status tags, logs, parts requests, etc.
- Able to perform assigned duties while wearing required safety equipment.
- Able to perform assigned duties on all shifts without encumbrances due to weather or physical location and conditions.
- Order parts, pan stock, tools, materials, and equipment as required to perform assigned duties.
- Provides input of technical and operational knowledge in the assessment and repair/maintenance recommendations in support of the program assigned.
- Responsible for complying with all rules and regulations concerning health and safety, tool control, contracts, facilities and other pertinent coverage’s.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision and management for the benefit of the company, program, or employee(s).
- Must be able to produce quality electrical connections to include butt splices, solder connections and pin crimping.
- Must be able to perform assembly operations such as crimping, splicing soldering.
- Must be able to identify different wire types, splices, connectors and terminals.
- Able to use basic electrical hand tools and shop equipment.
- Able to replace and/or assemble aircraft electrical components with the aid of crimping tools, solder stations and general hand tools.
- Able to read, interpret and follow schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, Engineering dispositions, written instructions and test procedures.
- Able to setup and use a variety of electrical equipment such as: multimeters, crimpers, wire strippers and solder stations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.