Aircraft Engine Mechanics
Aircraft Engine MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Augusta, Georgia.
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on turbofan powered aircraft. Troubleshooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Aircraft Engine Mechanic.
- Is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Perform routine maintenance and major inspections on HTF7000 / TFE731 engine types and models.
- Disassembly and reassembly of all HTF7000 / TFE731 engine types and models.
- Document all engine discrepancies, troubleshooting and repairing discrepancies and describing work accomplished in inspection paperwork.
- Accomplish Service Bulletins, repair letters, and Airworthiness Directive, as required.
- Remove and reinstall engines on aircraft for major periodic inspections and core zone inspections.
- Perform incoming and outgoing engine runs and line maintenance, as required.
- Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure airworthiness prior to departure.
- Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
Relocation Provided: Yes
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid FAA Powerplant certificate required.
- Three or more years’ experience working on turbine engines preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to communicate with customers and employees.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must be able to think clearly, and speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.