Aircraft Engine Mechanics
Aircraft Engine MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Alamogordo, New Mexico in support of U. S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM.
This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group and 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) to support flying training for the 49th Wing (49 WG), Air Education and Training Command (AETC) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Engine Mechanic 2 Inspects, maintains, modifies, tests, and repairs jet engines, and engine ground support equipment (SE). Manages aerospace propulsion functions and activities. Plans, organizes, and directs aerospace propulsion maintenance activities. Interprets and implements directives and publications pertaining to maintenance functions, including environmentally safe maintenance practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advises, performs troubleshooting, and determines repair procedures on aircraft engines.
- Diagnoses and repairs malfunctions using technical publications.
- Solves maintenance problems by studying drawings, wiring and schematic diagrams, technical instructions, and analyzing operating characteristics of aircraft engines and propellers.
- Inspects, certifies, and approves completed maintenance actions. Removes, installs, inspects, repairs, and modifies engines, engine modules and components, and propellers and propeller components.
- Disassembles and assembles engines and propellers adhering to prescribed procedures.
- Prepares engines and propellers for installation, storage, or transportation.
- Tests components using bench mockups and test equipment.
- Installs and removes engines on test stands, and operates, evaluates, and performs test stand functions on engines.
- Accomplishes operator maintenance on test stands.
- Inspects and maintains engine ground SE.
- Operates and performs operator inspections on related SE.
- Selects, uses, and cares for special tools, hand tools, and test equipment.
- Uses and disposes of hazardous waste and materials.
- Analyzes, interprets, and recommends maintenance actions based on unscheduled engine removals and engine monitoring system data.
- Coordinates with the base engine manager to analyze scheduled engine removals; recommends forecast actions to the weekly or monthly maintenance schedules.
- Make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years actual and recent aircraft maintenance experience
- 1 year of F-16 or other fighter aircraft experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.