Aircraft Engine Mechanics (Licensed)
Aircraft Engine Mechanics (Licensed)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Oscoda, Michigan.
Aircraft mechanics performing aircraft engine maintenance, teardown and overhaul on mostly commercial and regional aviation engines. Kalitta’s own fleet consists of 747s, 767s and 777s. Engines include CFM-56, CF6, JT9 and PW4000.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- Replaces or repairs worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Tests engine operation, using test equipment such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, and ammeter, to identify malfunction.
- Listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burned valves.
- Reassembles engine and installs engine in aircraft.
- Disassembles and inspects engine parts, such as turbine blades and cylinders, for wear, warping, cracks, and leaks.
- Removes engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- An aircraft mechanic must know and follow all regulations set by the FAA
- A mechanic may work with special instruments designed specifically for aircraft maintenance. The job may also involve standing on ladders and working at various heights.
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It’s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you’d like to go direct, the benefits package you’ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747’s and 767’s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Due to a recent expansion, Kalitta Air just created 150 new jobs, and that means there are great advancement opportunities for those hoping to move into inspection, lead, supervisor and / or foreman roles
- Oscoda, Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors, you’ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your backyard
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Staci.Butalla@ststechnicaljobs.com