Aircraft Heavy Maintenance Representatives
Aircraft Heavy Maintenance RepresentativesSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Heavy Maintenance Representatives in Victorville, California.
To manage, direct and control FedEx heavy maintenance, modification and conversion programs at maintenance provider facilities to ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with the FedEx maintenance, modification and conversion specifications, schedule, configuration requirements and quality standards. Ensures all programs and work performed are in full compliance with the contractual requirements and the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Represents the Company as the project leader for all activities from an aircraft heavy maintenance, modification and conversion viewpoint at assigned maintenance provider facilities.
- Coordinates company instructions and manages and controls the execution of maintenance, modification and conversion programs and makes final decisions regarding the induction and redelivery of aircraft from heavy maintenance, modifications and/or conversion visits at maintenance provider facilities.
- Makes timely decisions regarding the repair or replacement of parts or components and the correction of all discrepancies noted during the scheduled maintenance, modification or conversion visits and assures airworthiness of aircraft redelivered to FedEx after work is accomplished at contract maintenance providers and signs airworthiness release as required.
- Monitors contract maintenance providers for all hours expended, material issued and ground equipment required during the maintenance, modification or conversion visit and reviews all invoices for accuracy and negotiates and approves proposed hours to ensure FedEx is invoiced for fair and reasonable hours for the work performed and to ensure that the visits are performed within the specified budget.
- Reviews FedEx heavy maintenance, modification and conversion maintenance packages as assigned to the maintenance provider, anticipates problems and recommends and coordinates possible solutions with the maintenance provider, other departments within FedEx and heavy maintenance and conversions management.
- Ensures the successful flow of pertinent information between the appropriate departments within FedEx, the contract maintenance providers, flight crews and others associated with the heavy maintenance, modification and conversion of FedEx aircraft to ensure a complete understanding of the maintenance, modification and conversion specifications, requirements, policies and procedures and contractual arrangements.
- Assures all heavy maintenance, modification and conversions performed by contract maintenance providers on FedEx aircraft are completed in a timely manner to minimize aircraft out of service time and that the appropriate FedEx departments are provided an accurate and timely status report of the aircraft in work.
- Provides on-site review and surveillance of airworthiness directives and ensures all documentation is accounted for and recorded in the aircraft history as required per the FedEx GMM and the maintenance provider contract.
- Maintains open communications and a good working relationship with the assigned maintenance providers to ensure all issues related to production, quality, safety, legal fitness, and cost control are identified, communicated, and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- At aircraft delivery to the maintenance provider facility, coordinates the debrief of the aircraft to the maintenance provider by the FedEx flight crew and coordinates with FedEx test flight personnel after completion of the assigned heavy maintenance, modification or conversion work and provides all pertinent documentation re: the work performed prior to ground and flight tests and ensures that all discrepancies discovered during the FedEx ground and flight acceptance tests are corrected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years’ relevant experience in Aircraft Heavy Maintenance project and process planning and management
- Knowledge of cross functional departmental processes preferred
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal skills with ability to effectively multi-task
- Comprehensive computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Business Objects
- Comprehensive presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Valid A&P License Required
- 757 aircraft experience required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.