Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Inspectors in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
Oversees program quality requirements and processes for maintenance / repair, materials, services, products, training and safety. Examines and inspects airframe, engines, operating equipment and all sub-systems to ensure repairs, test and modifications are made according to FAA regulations, ensures workmanship and materials conform to Federal Aviation Regulations, company specifications and manual procedures and certifies airworthiness of aircraft.
- Ensure the airworthiness of aircraft, alterations of aircraft and major modifications. Completion of FAA required documentation (FAA form 337) and return to service.
- Responsible for preliminary, hidden damage, in-process and final inspection of all times processed by the repair station.
- Responsible for the proper tagging and identification of all parts.
- Maintains KACC in compliance with all requirements regarding the Repair Station.
- Make recommendations to the Chief Inspector regarding the company’s capabilities to properly perform maintenance services within regulatory and contractual guidelines.
- Responsible to ensure that the KACC Quality Assurance functions are in compliance with the Repair Station/ Quality Control Manuals.
- Conduct audits as directed by the Chief Inspector.
- Responsible for ensuring proper compliance with all Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Advisory Circulars, Supplemental Type Certificates or Parts Manufacturing Approvals as applicable and that all documentation is completed and distributed in accordance with applicable Governmental Aviation Regulatory Requirements.
- Establish and control aircraft ground handling licensing requirement and return to service authorizations.
- Ensure all records of work are accounted for and complete with correct entries prior to releasing aircraft or components to service in accordance KACC Repair Station / Quality Control Manuals.
- Ensure all required inspections have been accomplished in accordance with the Operator’s Approved Maintenance Program and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation of all work performed by KACC is complete and filed with Customer Work Order and Governmental Aviation Regulatory Agencies as required.
- Perform facility audits to ensure proper techniques are being applied during production, safety issues are addressed, proper housekeeping is in effect and that KACC maintains compliance with its approved Repair Station/ Quality Control Manuals.
- Responsible for obtaining proper certifications, testing and documentation to ensure that all materials received for installation on an aircraft meet applicable FAA regulations.
- Inspects all aviation products and paperwork for matching part numbers, serial numbers, etc. and proper certifications to meet FAA Standards.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Signs inspection tag to approve unit or records reasons for rejecting unit and logs inspections performed on aircraft and inspects and inputs data into the management information system, Technical Order, Computerized Maintenance Program Systems, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and OEM Technical data received.
- Must have Boeing aircraft experience with emphasis on 737’s, be familiar with Burn Certification, FAA Documentation (8130, 8110, 337, STC, ICA’s), Interior removal / installation experience, and familiar with Repair Station Process and Procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years aviation experience.
- Must possess an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Must be extremely familiar with all FAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, installation drawings, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers,
clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint Information Management System (IMS), E-Mail.
Certifications / Licenses:
This position requires a current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant license. Must have a current driver’s license.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and risk of radiation.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.