Aircraft Interior Finishers
Aircraft Interior FinishersSTS Technincal Services
West Star Aviation
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Interior Finishers in East Alton, Illinois.
This hourly, non-exempt position requires a basic knowledge of interior finish processes, including wood finishes of assigned aircraft and varying amounts of gloss and satin applications, sanding of hardwood as needed to apply finish. Development and completion of aircraft interior cabinet finishes are primary functions. Job duties will vary by type and scope, as designated by the Finish Team Leader. Will be required to work independently.
- Assist with paint and techniques for major modification projects.
- Identify colors and color matches as needed.
- Work independently on project when required.
- Basic knowledge of stains, lacquers, clear coats, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Knowledge of dry sanding and wet sanding, etc.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
- 1 year prior experience on aircraft cabinetry finishes or related field preferred.
- Basic knowledge in chemicals (thinners, catalysts, cleaners, etc.) and safety procedures.
- Basic knowledge in paints and spraying equipment.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Process work with minimum supervision.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.