Aircraft Interiors Technicians
Aircraft Interiors TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Interiors Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida.
Skilled level in performing work relating to aircraft interior installation, repair and removal due to aging, customization or modification. Interiors Technician repairs, builds, troubleshoots and performs installation and fabrication work on pieces found within the aircraft interior. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Functional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs skilled work independently or with others under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of aircraft systems and theory of operations.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting knowledge and skills with minimum error.
- Repair, remove and install upholstery, carpeting, sound-proofing mechanisms, lighting, cabinets, or wall panels independently or with others with minimal supervision.
- Removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as doors, galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, and panels independently or with others with minimal supervision.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals and catalogs and be able to perform complex cabin reconfiguration.
- Using hand tools and necessary equipment perform skilled mechanical work as necessary or instructed.
- Records his or her time worked as directed by his or her supervisor.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed. Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Performs work standards that meet and comply with all federal, customer and company policies and procedures which apply to him or her.
- Keeps him/herself informed of such policies and procedures and asks his or her supervisor for explanations of anything which he or she does not fully understand.
- Keeps him/herself accountable for maintaining work-related training and qualifications as required.
- Knowledge of basic aviation including: components and zones of the aircraft, LOTO, PPE, Haz Waste, proper use of GSE and other regulatory requirements.
- Reads maintenance manuals, work instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order/task card documentation, logs, parts tags, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interiors Manager under the direction of the Lead Interiors Technician
- Non-Supervisory role
Human Interaction / Communication:
- In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
- Minimum three (3) year of relevant experience providing knowledge of aircraft interior maintenance work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Familiar with 14 CFR Part 91/121 or 145 preferred. Individuals who desire to be a successful Aircraft Interiors Technician should pursue an FAA A&P or Repairman’s certificate.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak effectively in English regarding safety sensitive work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar s ERP system (AMROS KIOSK), vending (POU), as well as research customer s maintenance manuals.
- Work safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Take action to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Endorse Flightstar s SMS safety culture.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.