Aircraft Line Maintenance Technicians
Aircraft Line Maintenance TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Line Maintenance Technicians in Atlanta, Georgia.
In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of our client’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. AMTs in the Line classification maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft components and avionics systems according to our client’s and FAA specifications. Perform inspections during assembly of parts and after repair or installation of components; and document maintenance procedures including component damage, origin, and condition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Inspects aircraft or aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, tires, and engines for damage, defects, corrosion, or other wear to ensure airworthiness.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., damaged gaskets, lines and couplings, cables, and pulleys), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Inspects completed work to certify that maintenance adheres to standards and procedures, and that aircraft are ready for operation.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Researches, reads, and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Reviews maintenance records to determine if service and maintenance checks, repairs, and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Serves as a technical expert or mentor by providing advice and corrective recommendations to others.
- Uses computers, computer systems, and other technology to enter, document, access, receive, or communicate information.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must be able to read and write English at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Certain duties may require working in confined spaces for a periodic time.
- Should meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions, including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- Should possess the basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on the mechanical aptitude test which is structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including rotating/fixed shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
What Will Give You the Competitive Edge:
- One year of full-time work experience
- Prior military experience
- One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- Prior electronics/avionics experience or FCC license
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.