STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Machinists in Ogden, Utah!
We are a premiere staffing agency providing high-paying contract and direct-hire employment opportunities. We’d love to partner with you to help you take your career to new heights. Check out the following information about this incredible employment opportunity we have right now with a great client of ours.
Operates two or more production machines working from blueprints, sketches, and route sheets. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with general guidance in a team environment.
- Sets up and runs production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts, where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre-planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper functioning or cutting action for correction
- Performs operations such as tapping, spot-facing, chamfering, countersinking, and counterboring to close tolerances
- Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods
- Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts. Burring operations involve general production parts ranging from the simplest to the more complex
- Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, gages, and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces
- Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements
- Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements
- Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work area
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Performs other related responsibilities, as requested
- Two years related machining experience
- Able to read and follow blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions
- Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry
- Effectively applies lean initiatives
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail)
- Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.