Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Aircraft Maintenance ControllersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers in Florence, Kentucky.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and develops an action plan to reduce or eliminate a delay.
- Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
- Manages implementation of repair action plans.
- Researches and completes SDR reports and works in conjunction with the FAA liaison to provide follow-up as requested by the FAA.
- Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
- Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
- Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
- Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
- Briefs Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft in work on shift. Provides on the job training for Maintenance Control Specialists.
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse office environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of programs (Excel/Word).
- Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
- Extensive Experience with 747-400
- Previous Maintenance Control experience highly preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.