Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Aircraft Maintenance ControllersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Maintenance Controller is responsible for the Manager of Maintenance Control for managing mechanical irregularities. Maintenance Control (MC) will work with Maintenance, Mx Planning and Operations Control Center (OCC) to coordinate the scheduled workload for all maintenance bases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure that mechanical delays that may occur are handled in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with Allegiant Air’s General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Maintenance Controller will coordinate with Operations Control Center, and Maintenance as required, to expedite aircraft return to service.
- Control and tracking of all Deferred Maintenance Items, follows up with stations as applicable.
- Responsible for authorizing maintenance discrepancies to be placed on deferral and for clearly communicating DMI status (open or closed) to Dispatch in a timely manner.
- Assure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with company manuals and Federal Aviation regulations.
- Responsible for completing and distributing all applicable forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in company General Maintenance Manual.
- Prioritizes work that requires immediate action and be able to separate and parse out work which can wait until operational demand is reduced.
- Provide tracking of parts and equipment while they are in transit to an A.O.G. aircraft.
- Requests parts necessary to return an aircraft to service while at a non-Allegiant staffed base.
- Coordinates scheduled and unscheduled maintenance performed on Allegiant aircraft except at Substantial Maintenance vendors.
- Assists the Administrative staff in monitoring mechanic duty time when working away from an Allegiant base.
- Communicates maintenance requirements to out station maintenance providers and manages the maintenance being performed until the aircraft is back in service.
- Interacts with live flights via ARINC to assure compliance with the QRH and assures informed decisions are being coordinated with the flight crew and OCC Manager.
- Updates the AOS (Aircraft Out of service) board for all aircraft away from an Allegiant staffed base.
- Monitors and controls the Restricted Aircraft section of the AOS board.
- Interacts with Engineering and Contract Engineering companies as required to develop Return to Service work scopes.
- Interacts with Technical Services to assist in troubleshooting of chronic system issues.
- Administrates the EGT Excursion Policy Program.
- Continually reviews the MEL for all fleet types and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Control, and/or Maintenance Control Supervisor.
- Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Education Details: Associates Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or work experience equivalency.
- Visa Sponsorship is not available for this role
- Certification Details: Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Certification.
- Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years of aircraft maintenance/technical operations industry experience, previous line leadership experience required. Minimum two (2) years of maintenance control experience in at least one of the following, Airbus 319/320 general family systems, avionics, and power plant experience required.
- Ability to stay focused and work under pressure.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.; experience with MS Excel, Word, and Adobe preferred.
- Organizational fit for the Allegiant culture, that is, exhibit and embrace the Allegiant values of Safety, Achievement, Flexibility, Innovation, Biased for Action, Teamwork, Transparency & Accountability and Outcome Based.
- ETOPS Operations.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high stressed control center environment and have the ability to effectively make quick but solid decisions.
- Must possess a valid passport and if assigned make at least one maintenance station visit per year, which may require riding in the flight deck jump seat to interact with the flight crew.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.