Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Aircraft Maintenance ControllersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers in Long Island City, New York.
The Maintenance Control team provides surveillance, control, and direction for all aircraft maintenance concerns.
- Uses real time aircraft monitoring applications to provide proactive resolution of in service discrepancies.
- Central point of contact for front line Crewmembers, Business Partners and all other aircraft maintenance related matters
- Authority and responsibility for the supervision and coordination of all unscheduled maintenance functions that are accomplished using JetBlue Airways procedures
- Focal point within the SOC for all aircraft maintenance related items and provides bi directional communications to business unit members as required by the general maintenance manual and internal operating procedures.
- Provides real time recovery support for aircraft that are out of service, liaises with front Line Maintenance, AOG, Engineering, Dispatch, Sys Ops and Flight to establish a recovery plan of action.
- Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station activity. Supports both JetBlue Line maintenance and Contract Maintenance Business Partners in all matters regarding aircraft maintenance. Overall authority over the application of the JetBlue Airways deferred maintenance process as outline in the general Maintenance manual
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Six (6) years of aircraft maintenance experience
- Five (5) years of experience in heavy transport aircraft
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
- 2 years Maintenance Control Experience (Heavy Transport)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and in the use of digital manuals
- Ability to stay focused and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Previous leadership experience
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
- Upholding JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.