Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Aircraft Maintenance ControllersSTS Technincal Services
STS Line Maintenance
STS Line Maintenance is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
As the Aircraft Maintenance Controller, you will affect Airlines’ business growth through your role supporting the maintenance department by evaluating maintenance discrepancies, coordinating the affected maintenance personnel, clearly and efficiently communicate maintenance actions, aircraft status, and supply challenges to a broad range of internal customers while ensuring safe and efficient flight operations.
Pay rates will range between $44 and $48 per hour DOE.
- Monitoring each shift, determine maintenance/inspections, unscheduled maintenance requirements, items awaiting maintenance and available work force.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate any aircraft information to internal customers and management by the use of various sources of media: phone, radio, and electronic.
- Coordinate the maintenance discrepancies and corrections of all operational aircraft, monitor all mechanical problems on the line extending every effort to reduce and hold maintenance recovery time to the very minimum.
- Coordinate parts and manpower requirements for repairs. Monitoring field repairs and coordinating the return of parts to their home base.
- Ensuring maintenance documentation is complied with on Customer aircraft as required.
- Coordinate with the Stores Department for the current status of AOG parts in progress for aircraft requiring repairs.
- Monitor aircraft availability and coordinate any equipment changes between the Maintenance Department, scheduling, PHL MCC and Planning departments.
- Monitor the current MEL List for inbound aircraft. Review parts required and coordinate with AOG desk for parts movements.
- Coordinate with Dispatch and Maintenance Planning on MEL and CDL procedures and status.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Customer Maintenance Operations Manager and STS Base Manager or their designee.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Ability to navigate aircraft manuals and company manuals.
- Strong ability to utilize MS Office Suite, maintenance software and navigate website, flight plot.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment across various departments and possessing good communication skills.
- Advocate for Safety & Compliance. Embrace Air Carrier Safety Management System (SMS).
- Experience with PHL operations and airport challenges a PLUS.
- All candidates must currently be authorized to work in the United States.
- This job operates inside a climate-controlled building.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time (days and shift hours are determined by STS Base Manager)
- No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A&P certificate
- Must have 2 years of Airbus or part 121 line maintenance experience
- In good standing (no issues with attendance or performance) Prior leadership experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Clear and concise communication
About STS Line Maintenance:
STS Line Maintenance operates 41 line maintenance stations throughout the United States, Bahamas, United Kingdom and France.
At each of these stations, our team(s) offer a full range of support services, FAA / DER engineering assistance, AOG response teams and enhanced reliability through rapid response times. Skilled mechanics stand ready to handle RON maintenance, turnaround checks, non-routine discrepancy reports and ground equipment maintenance via scheduled or on-call action.
To learn more about STS Line Maintenance and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 9176.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com