Aircraft Maintenance Controllers
Aircraft Maintenance ControllersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Controllers in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Hiring Note: Hotel room costs covered for 90 days. Also, the shift schedule for this position is four (4) days on and four (4) days off. These are 12 hour shifts with both days and nights available.
Aircraft Maintenance Controller is to provide trained, qualified, and authorized personnel in a central location to manage the off-site maintenance and scheduling of maintenance for our clients aircraft in accordance with our clients manuals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a continuous liaison with all outstation maintenance facilities, ensuring timely reporting of current total aircraft times, and notable information as it pertains to inspections, time changes, work requests, etc
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance employees and contract agencies
- Authorizes, assigns, reviews and maintains a daily log of MEL, CDL and carry over controlled items along with ensuring all troubleshooting is being logged in log book.
- De-brief layover flight crews or ride on mechanic at the end of the day flying
- Coordinates with Flight Operations, the movement of aircraft system wide as it pertains to maintenance scheduling activities, maintenance actions and required down times
- Project spares requirements for all Rotable components and appliances and follow up on applicable delivery dates
- Coordinates with the Manager of Maintenance Control, all aspects of maintenance performed on aircraft on a daily basis via verbal reports, electronic means (i.e. turnovers or Deferred Maintenance Item reports), or any means requested of the Director of Maintenance
- Schedule the accomplishment of required maintenance activities to comply with the company’s requirements which includes complying with DMl’s, CDL’s, C/O’s, repair orders and “A” check; also ensuring all parts necessary will meet up with A/C in a timely manner to perform said maintenance
- Has authority to make final decision from line maintenance perspective regarding the course of action required to facilitate repair
- Ensure timely completion of Repair Order form M-34 with outstation and maintenance base personnel
- Conduct a quality control review of any deferrals issued on the previous shift for accuracy and completeness
- Communicating with Operations and Quality Departments as needed when aircraft maintenance status changes to ensure that the Operations/ Flight Following / Crew Scheduling / Sales and Quality Control Departments have the current status of each aircraft to include but not limited to all MEL/ CDL and DMI assigned to each aircraft
- Upon receipt of the original paperwork Maintenance Control will sort and organize and check for completeness prior to routing to the Quality Control Department
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED
Required Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses & Documents:
- A valid unrestricted driver’s license
- A&P Certificate
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Two years of experience in maintenance of large fixed wing aircraft
- Boeing 727 and 737 Systems training and a minimum one year experience on these aircraft preferred
Work Environment & Culture Skills:
- Intermediate MS Office knowledge, computer software & internet proficiency
- Candidate must pass DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check
- Candidate should be motivated, resourceful, energetic, organized and able to manage and be managed
- Candidate must be reliable, punctual and flexible
- Candidate must be able to multi-task, respect and maintain confidentiality
- Candidate must be ethical, trustworthy with sensitive information
- Candidate must be service oriented and able to work at a fast pace and handle stress and problematic issues well with a good attitude
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work within a team-focused environment
- Candidate must be respectful of diverse populations and cultures
- Candidate must have an outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
- Operation based in Ypsilanti, MI at Willow Run Airport (YIP)
- There is no ability to work from home
- There will be no relocation package for this position
- Must be available full-time and work overtime when required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.