Aircraft Maintenance Coordinators (FME)
Aircraft Maintenance Coordinators (FME)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Coordinators in Houston, Texas.
The Mx Coordinator travels with an aircraft and is responsible for providing total line maintenance and technical support for the aircraft to which he is assigned.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Terminating Service maintenance checks on B767 aircraft.
- Conduct Daily Checks on B767 aircraft.
- Conduct ETOPS Pre-Departure Service Checks on B767 aircraft. (ETOPS authorization required)
- Maintain contact with Maintenance Control regarding the aircraft’s condition.
- Accomplish all required servicing and updates of the aircraft.
- Troubleshoot and repair defects of Non Scheduled maintenance and deferred maintenance items utilizing the FIM and AMM manuals. Complete all return to service paperwork.
- Forward copies of repair information to Maintenance Control as work completed. Send original paperwork to Aircraft Records.
- Maintain current inventory of the fly-away kits (FAK), including serviceable parts, UN-serviceable parts and tools. Insure that all FAK parts and tools are secured per the weight and balance manual. Coordinate the return of used parts. Maintain and update Fly-away Kit Deviations Form while accomplishing Terminating Service Check.
- Maintain the flight and supernumerary areas as clean, safe and free of all loose items. Provide list of needed supplies to Station representative.
- On international flights insure all garbage and food items are bagged for disposal per federal regulations. Accomplish bug disinfection as required.
- Report to line station supervisory personnel when on the ground at line maintenance station.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or Maintenance Control.
Education / Experience:
- High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable.
- Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to give verbal and written direction to assigned staff.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- 767-200 experience strongly preferred
- Individual must be organized and able to work with computers and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have US Passport
- Must be a US Citizen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds, to eye level.
- Lift 10 pounds with each arm over your head
- Twist, turn with normal strength forces
- Climb numerous flights of stairs
- Work on ladders, lifts and in some case high elevations
- Work in a squatted position
- Work in all weather conditions
The Maintenance Coordinator will rotate travel with the aircraft 30 days on and 60 days in Houston/ Lake Charles. International travel will require interaction with customs officials both foreign and domestic. Mx Coordinators will be required to meet that country’s expectation and be in compliance.
The work environment characteristics describe here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed primarily in a construction, maintenance setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.