Aircraft Maintenance Planners
Aircraft Maintenance PlannersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Planners in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Job Title: Maintenance Planner (121-Airline)
- Department: Mtx Planning
- Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Planning
- Ensure scheduled maintenance is issued and accomplished within calendar, flight-hour and flight cycle limits as specified by the Client’s Maintenance program, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Special Inspections.
- Work with the Quality Control department in reading, interpreting and implementing Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, and researching aircraft records.
- Work with Maintenance Control, Quality Control and Stores to ensure personnel and materials are in place for work to be issued.
- Use company data base to: Monitor aircraft Location, TAT & TAC, Forecast maintenance, Create work orders and Maintenance Tasks.
- Create and update Feet Campaign Directives (FCD), Advisory Notices (AN), Reports, Forecasts, Work Scopes, & Maintenance Check Packages.
- Prepare, issue, and audit maintenance check work packages.
- Assist in the implementation of new aircraft into the Kalitta Air Fleet.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3 years experience in large aircraft heavy maintenance (A&P License/QC experience preferred); or
- 3 years experience in large aircraft heavy Maintenance Planning.
- Experience in reading and understanding Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Service Bulletins (SB) to determine:
- Effectivity to the fleet (Group, Configuration, Condition)
- Required actions & constraints
- Required materials (parts & tooling)
- Required number of persons & skill set, task hours, and aircraft ground time to accomplish task
- Applicable SB Work Instructions, Figures, & Tables
- General knowledge of large aircraft systems and structures (Boeing Model 747 and 767 preferred).
- Working knowledge of large aircraft manuals (i.e. AMM, CMM, IPC, SRM, MPD, CPCP, SSID, NDT).
- Computer experience with Aviation Databases, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Language / Communication Skills:
- Read, write, and understand spoken and written English (experience in technical writing is preferred).
- Create and update routine reports and correspondence in Microsoft Word & Excel formats.
- Create logical/coherent/grammatical messages to communicate ideas, thoughts, and instructions which can be understood by large variable groups (i.e. Operations, Maintenance, QC, Stores, etc.).
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Convert between different units of measure.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to use a computer terminal, telephone and 10-key calculator. The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb/descend stairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is in a temperature controlled office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.