Aircraft Maintenance Representatives
Aircraft Maintenance RepresentativesSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Representatives in Jacksonville, Florida.
Heavy Maintenance Representatives impact growth by providing representation in all matters relating to Heavy Maintenance (HMV). This role is responsible providing supervision of maintenance vendors performing maintenance on aircraft. The Heavy Maintenance Representative ensures quality, cost, and performance of the vendors are within expectations by monitoring their performance and processes.
Functional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site representation s in all matters relating to Heavy Maintenance
- Visits (HMV) and unscheduled “Drop-In” Maintenance performed by its HMV Service Provider to maintain quality, cost, and schedules within expectations.
- Provide a management presence that will ensure all decisions made and actions taken are in all matters relating to the services provided by the HMV Service Provider.
- Oversee the HMV Service Provider to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations and policies, practices, and procedures required by the General Maintenance Manual and any other published technical data, documents, and directives.
- Review and validate “Non-Routine” technical discrepancies.
- Monitor the completion and processing of aircraft maintenance records.
- Monitor the workmanship, quality, progress and status of work being performed and that adequate, productive, and effective man-power is provided by the HMV Service Provider.
- Monitor each HMV for completion of work within established schedules and cost.
- Provide liaison between the HMV Service Provider, Maintenance and Engineering Department, and the aircraft manufacturer, as necessary.
- Ensure all property and assets are accounted for and protected.
- Coordinate with and assist the Material Logistics Coordinator to ensure that parts and material are available, as required, to meet established schedules.
- Provide daily progress reports, and other reports as required, for each HMV, to the Heavy Maintenance Manager.
- Review invoicing from the HMV Service Provider to verify that costs are valid and correct and assist in the development of HMV plans and budgets
- Report all actual or potentially negative conditions that may affect the quality of work, the progress of work, the completion of work within established schedules or the completion of work within established cost, to the Heavy Maintenance Manager.
- For each HMV aircraft perform an audit of Statement of Work and Work Release to ensure all data matches. Audit HMV provider to ensure all Statement of Work and Work Release maintenance is accounted for on HMV provider work cards.
- Ensure all scheduled maintenance is completed on Aircraft Work Release or transferred to the agency’s approved procedures.
- Formulates departmental processes to support and administer Company policies and procedures
- Adjusts methods, policies and procedures, and provides for continued improvement in the safety, efficiency and production of the group.
- Responsible for developing corrective actions to prevent recurrence of findings from audits and for providing information to upper management when corrective actions require policy changes or additional resources.
- Coordinate with the Reliability Department to monitor and track aircraft performance following Heavy Maintenance, to identify any warranty issues resulting from work performed and to process any resulting warranty claims.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure personnel are properly trained, qualified and authorized to perform maintenance and repairs on Company aircraft.
- Responsible for ensuring CPCP’s & SDR’s are recorded and routed per the GMM.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- At least 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of large aircraft
- Previous experience in overseeing heavy maintenance and/or vendor management
- Computer experience and skills including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to speak/read/write in English
- If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
- Advanced technical degree in aircraft maintenance operations or engineering
- Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
- Delegation: In absence, Manager of Heavy Maintenance will be handled and reassign tasks
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.