Aircraft Maintenance Supervisors
Aircraft Maintenance SupervisorsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
Tank Tigers, an STS Aviation Group Company, is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Supervisors in Duluth, Minnesota.
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Job Duties:
- Familiar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment and tools used to perform all aircraft fuel tank maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration tasks (see, 14 CFR – 145.153(a)). Certificate under part 65 (see, 14 CFR – 145.153(b)(1)).
- Ensure continuity of maintenance, that maintenance is properly documented and turned over in case of shift change or reassignment.
- Ensure confined space entry procedures are carried out and monitored.
- Ensure appropriate equipment, tools, and maintenance data are utilized.
- Ensure personnel have appropriate experience, knowledge, or training prior to assigning maintenance, preventive maintenance or alteration tasks.
- Supervise and train those employees unfamiliar with maintenance practices or techniques.
- Train, assist and supervise technicians in proper work procedures and practices.
- Be available for consultation and advice of maintenance being performed.
- Ensure only qualified mechanics sign for work performed.
- Ensure maintenance records are appropriately completed.
- Verify that work is performed in accordance with the applicable technical data.
- Ensure OJT is documented and forward to the Training Dept.
- Maintain work area, shop area clean and orderly.
- Ensure proper handling of parts during maintenance and following completion.
- Ensure the completion of customer requirements on parts supplied by customer.
- Ensure all tags and forms applicable to maintenance performed are properly attached and filled out.
- Delegate duties to qualified personnel.
- Delegation of duties does not relieve the position of its responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
- Remain cognizant of applicable FARS 14S, 6S, and 43.
- The work demands flexible schedule and the ability to fit into small areas and work in confined spaces.
- Qualified employees with an FAA A/P license
- A minimum of 4 years of aircraft maintenance experience with some experience on fuel tank systems is required
- Must comply with qualifications as directed under RSM Section 4.6.9.
- Supervisor(s) report to the assigned Facility Manager or OCC Manager / Director and have the authority and responsibility for supervising maintenance and technicians that are unfamiliar with the fuel tank maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration tasks assigned.
- Since this position is assigned supervisory duties (directing maintenance, preventive maintenance and alterations and/or directly assisting persons unfamiliar with tasks) the person must be qualified per 14 CFR – 145.153.
What We Offer:
Tank Tigers, an STS Aviation Group Company, is the newest brand under the STS Aviation Group umbrella. Our company focuses on delivering complete aircraft fuel system services to clients all over with world.
If you would like to speak with a Recruitment Professional directly to learn more about benefits, job specifics, our company, etc…, please call 1-800-359-4787. STS’ career placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time!
Thanks so much for your interest in working with Tank Tigers, an STS Aviation Group company, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.