Aircraft Maintenance Technicians
Aircraft Maintenance TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Aircraft Maintenance Technicians in Tucson, Arizona.
Hiring Note: These are new, high-profile positions with premium rates. Call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 9189 to speak with a Recruiter directly. Otherwise, please apply online to start the hiring process.
Looking for highly motivated Aircraft Maintenance Professionals to help us grow our Line Maintenance station in Tucson, Arizona . Take your professional experience to the next level! The Aircraft Maintenance Technician supports the daily needs of the maintenance operations of our customers and ensures an outstanding experience by providing top level service.
STS Aviation Services is one of the largest line maintenance support providers in the US, and we pride ourselves in providing quality and reliable aircraft line maintenance and servicing throughout our extensive, rapid-response, nationwide network.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- This position reports directly to the Station Manager and Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and works in close partnership with the field airlines, flight crew and other Aircraft Maintenance Controllers.
- Ensures aircraft are maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, airworthiness directives, company policies and best practices.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair different transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools and test equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results while following maintenance manuals, schematics, handbooks and other technical documentation.
- Use precision instruments and equipment to measure parts for wear, and repair or replace as required.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Able to work outdoors and in inclement weather as required.
- Work will be performed on the B737NG/MAX; A-320 family; E-145/170/175
The Ideal Candidate Requirements & Qualification:
- Must hold a current valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certifications (A&P) with no history of infractions.
- Recent A&P experience on turbine powered aircraft considered a plus.
- Own set of standard line maintenance tools (calibrated & specialty tooling will be provided).
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and able to perform with minimal supervision.
- With or without accommodations, employees must be able to work standing, must be able to climb ladders and stairs, and must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to pass background check, drug & alcohol test and customs & border patrol clearance.
- Must have basic to mid-level computer & organizational skills.
- Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station or Part 135 experience highly desired.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) license a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Ability to work with little supervision to troubleshoot and repair systems on aircraft airframe and engine(s) including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Versatility, flexibility, will be important as the schedule could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
Rate Of Pay:
- Rate of pay is determined on previous experience. Yearly raises available upon evaluation.
- Full Time: PTO, Health Insurance, 401K. No Benefits for Part Time.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.