STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Aircraft Mechanics in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Do you want to be part of a long-term, high-profile aircraft modification programme?
STS Aviation Services is a leading MRO provider. We have opportunities for experienced Aircraft Mechanics to join our high-profile bespoke aircraft modification programme, converting Boeing 737 NG aircraft into the E-7 Wedgetail. “The worlds most advanced, capable and reliable Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C0) platform”.
These positions are full time; initially for a 1 year fixed term contract and will be located at our hangar near to Birmingham Airport.
Working as part of the Structures team you will form part of the mechanical side of the programme and report to the Lead Structures Technician regarding the day-to-day activities. As part of a highly skilled team, you will have in-depth knowledge and experience of Aircraft Structures.
This is a challenging and rewarding Mechanical role, working on a high profile programme carrying out the major structural disassembly, modification and rebuild of aircraft.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete strip/removal of aircraft equipment
- Installation of complex mechanical assemblies
- Major component removal and installation
- Aircraft system testing
- Executing the highest levels of maintenance standards and ensuring the aircraft maintenance activity is performed in a timely and efficient manner to customer’s full satisfaction
- Maintain the highest standard of safety and cleanliness, complying with all company procedures and policies
- Fully comply with the minimum requirements for Health & Safety in the work place and COSHH regulations
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years aircraft experience, experience of aircraft production would also be advantageous
- Live aircraft mechanical supervisory experience and / or military aircraft experience is desirable
- Good knowledge of Aircraft systems
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role will require the successful candidate to support the business with their Military Programme. Therefore, you will be required to undertake security clearance checks and meet our qualifying criteria. This will be discussed with shortlisted candidates as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced, innovative and dynamic business at an exciting time. You can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 4x Life Assurance, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen and other exclusive employee benefits.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.