Aircraft Mechanics (Metals Techs)
Aircraft Mechanics (Metals Techs)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Mechanics (Metals Techs) in Alamogordo, New Mexico in support of U. S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM.
This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group and 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) to support flying training for the 49th Wing (49 WG), Air Education and Training Command (AETC) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM. The Mechanic 2 Machinist/Welder advises on metals machining, welding, designing, and production problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs, manufactures, or modifies special precision tools, gauges, dies, and fixtures to facilitate metal working operations.
- Performs metals technology shop calculations such as determining cutting speeds and settings, welding processes, and preheat and post heat requirements.
- Welds, brazes, solders, and heat treats metals.
- Uses manual and computer numerical controlled (CNC) metal working machines, mills, and lathes to manufacture and repair cams, gears, slots, and keyways for aircraft components and SE. Writes programs for CNC machines using manual and Computer Aided Design-Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD-CAM) methods.
- Checks completed components and determines serviceability in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Disassembles, assembles, and fits component parts using machine screws, bolts, rivets, press fits, and welding techniques.
- Uses metal working equipment, tools, and supplies to produce surface finishing specifications for components.
- Extracts broken or damaged hardware.
- Checks components for wear tolerances using precision measuring devices.
- Maintains and inspects hand tools and metal working machinery.
- Performs operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools.
- Ensures lock out and tag out procedures are accomplished prior to maintenance on all equipment.
- Uses and disposes of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent
- A minimum seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft maintenance experience is required.
- 1 year of F-16 or other fighter aircraft experience required.
- Must have completed military aviation maintenance training or aviation maintenance technical school curriculum or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.