Aircraft Metrology Technicians
Aircraft Metrology TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Metrology Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
Performs technical work related to the gathering of highly accurate 3 dimensional data used to set up aircraft tooling and perform measurement studies on in-process or completed aircraft.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform periodic inspections to ensure compliance per FAA requirements and approved quality procedures.
- Provide assistance tooling mechanics to set or reset tooling details during periodic inspections or tooling installations.
- Conduct measurement studies on in-process or completed aircraft based on planned schedules or un-planned demand.
- Coordinate with operations to schedule inspections that will have minimal impact on aircraft production.
- Utilize Metrologic model based inspection processes within CATIA V5, gather 3D inspection data and provide basic real time analysis.
- Assist in the development and documentation of standards for the handling and utilization of metrology equipment.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; validates measurement results for accuracy and repeatability.
- Ensure proper use and storage of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Advise management of any associated problems or other requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must be proficient in reading and interpreting aircraft & tooling designs.
- Must possess strong computer and shop math skills.
- Four (4) years Laser Tracker, Laser Radar or CMM experience.
- Two (2) years Metrologic and CATIA V5 experience.
- Two (2) years tool fabrication, jig building, or machine shop experience preferred.
- 10 hour day weekly schedule with overtime as needed.
- Experience with laser tracking, scanning, CMM a plus.
- Metrolog software experience preferred but any 3D metrology software acceptable (i.e. SA, Verisurf, etc.).
- Primary duties will be involved with measuring A/C parts, assemblies, and complete A/C to assist engineeers with product verification and root cause corrective action.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.