STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Painters in Nashville, Tennessee.
Aircraft Painter is in charge of aircraft and its sub assemblies painting and sealing process including surface preparation, masking, and chemicals handling. May include limited duties of paint and sealant application.
- Prepare surfaces to be painted or sealed as requested by the working instructions using abrasives, solvents, and brushes.
- Installs masking for strips or other aircraft painting detail.
- May perform sealant application assuring compliance with technical and quality requirements.
- May assist with application or installation of logos, symbols, or designs on painted surfaces, according to blueprint specifications, using measuring instruments, stencils, and patterns.
- Ensures the use of appropriate technical references and tools in performing paint and sealing duties.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of all currently used painting or sealing equipment.
- Sets up ladders, and scaffolding according to regulations and aircraft requirement.
- Ensures all Federal and local environmental and OSHA/TOSHA regulations are complied with.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School or GED familiar
- Generally 1-3 years of related and recent experience in aeronautical environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of preparation and painting of aircraft, support equipment, and allied components.
- Safety procedures for Chemicals handling.
- Knowledge of blueprints and painting diagrams.
- Strong ability on paint spraying
- Understand technical management and quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State, and Federal regulations.
- Must be able to be certified and/or able to wear a respirator.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.