Aircraft PaintersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Painters in Nashville, Tennessee.
Performs skilled work in preparing metal and other surfaces on aircraft equipment for painting and in applying lacquers, primers, synthetic enamels, polyurethane, and epoxy with spray guns, brushes and rollers to include painting ground support equipment; and does related work. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Masks, trim, and other parts not to be painted; cleans, sands and prepares surfaces for painting;
- Applies primer and finish coats to aircraft and GSE equipment. using lacquers and synthetic paints and enamels; applies decals, pressure sensitive and scotch lite numbers, letters, seals, and trim;
- May paint safety lines on floor.
- May work with unpleasant or toxic fumes and materials wearing protective and safety equipment; may mix and match paints; may occasionally rub, polish, and wax finish coats;
- Washes and cleans exteriors of aircraft.
- Lifts and carries hand tools and work materials, ascends and descends ladders and platforms, and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Cleans and maintains spray guns and other painting equipment
- Reads and interprets aircraft paint drawings and follows them accurately to accomplish paint job, to include FAA, emergency and other customer placards are correct. Reads instructions and all cautions/warnings/notes information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
- Able to become proficient in Flightstar’s integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to locating and requesting parts, tools and materials.
- Responsible for remaining current on all required regulatory and customer training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant aircraft painter experience providing knowledge of work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
- A good knowledge of the processes, techniques and materials used in painting aircraft and ground support equipment
- A good knowledge of the proper methods of preparing equipment for painting; a good knowledge of the proper methods of caring for spray guns and other painting equipment and materials
- A good knowledge of safety precautions required in performing the work of the trade
- General knowledge of stenciling
- Skill in the use of spray guns the ability to mix and match paints.
- Familiar with 14 CFR Part 91/121/145 preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.