Website STS Technical Services
- Prepares exterior surface of aircraft for painting.
- Makes necessary patterns, performs layout and applies prescribed primers, paints and finishes to exterior of aircraft.
- Applies aircraft finishes and external markings to aircraft sections.
- Suitable candidates for these aircraft painter positions will have either a minimum of THREE years of relevant paint experience or have ONE year of Aerospace paint experience.
- Suitable candidates will preferably have greater than THREE years of Aerospace paint experience
- Relevant paint experience is considered painting multi-staged paint processes (base coat/clear coat) at large scale with compressed air (automobile, boat, etc.).
- This position requires an individual to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment.
- Candidate must be able to obtain Fall Protection Certification.
- This is also contingency of assignment – Fall Protection Regulations – OSHA 1926, 191066, 1910 Subpart D.
- Candidates must be able to support all shifts per business needs.
- Shifts will be assigned during assignment to meet business needs.
- Candidates will be required to attend and pass a training classes.
- Failure of training may be cause for assignment termination
- Adhesive Materials/Processes – Knowledge of adhesive materials (such as epoxy, urethane, polyimide, reinforcements, etc) and processes.
- Color Match – Knowledge of color space, color analysis, paint formulation, and paint application techniques to evaluate, match, and develop decorative finishes.
- Engineering Drawings & Specs – Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- General Shop Processes – Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Materials & Processing – Knowledge of material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites (e.g., autoclave curing, lay-up, co-curing, repair), sealants and finishes processing (e.g., plating, painting, surface preparation, fay surface sealing, fillet sealing), and ceramic (e.g., high temperature processing, machining) and electronic materials (e.g., soldering, printed circuit board cleaning, conformal coating).
- Organic Chemical Processing – Knowledge of organic chemical processes (such as top-coating, priming, surface cleaning).
- Polymers & Composite Materials – Knowledge of polymers and composite materials (such as carbon, fiberglass, aramid, adhesives, thermoset/thermoplastic resins).
- Ability to perform the following requirements: Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.