Aircraft Propulsion Engineers
Aircraft Propulsion EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Propulsion Engineers in Augusta, Georgia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Propulsion Engineer is responsible for ensuring HTF/TFE/TPE/APU engines performance by analyzing incoming and outgoing on-wing and test cell performance runs and correcting discrepancies and anomalies detected.
- Resolves technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group; liaises with manufacturers.
- Performs engine and accessory test, performance analysis and troubleshooting.
- Prepares detailed work instructions for operations personnel, outside of routine overhaul procedures.
- Provides interpretation and clarification of overhaul data; produces material review board, temporary overhaul data requirement, unit build standards, and engineering bill of materials documentation to support operational repair and overhaul processes.
- Reviews service bulletins and manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
- Reviews warranty claims and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
- Provides written or verbal technical advice for customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, failure analysis or product configuration.
- Provides technical support during the implementation of new processes; specifies tools and test equipment required; assists in training on the overhaul and test methods.
- Advises on repair and improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Support of test cell calibration and maintenance of correlation IAW industry standard and OEM requirements.
- Use of statistical analysis to perform test data trending for maintenance of product quality and test cell correlation.
- Development of specifications and system requirements for test cell mechanical, software and data acquisition systems.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Position Requirements Engineering degree required, valid FAA A & P license preferred.
- Experience with engines preferred.
- Five to seven years experience in a support role for turbine engine maintenance.
- Good understanding of manufacturing methods, shop equipment and machining processes.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine engine and/or accessory theory and performance analysis.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to walk, climb, bend, and lift. Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Have 20/20 corrected vision to see and inspect engines and parts.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.