Aircraft Publications Engineers
Aircraft Publications EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Publications Engineers in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/illustrating new and sustaining model technical publications.
- Utilize CATIA CAD and Arbortext authoring software to produce detailed 2D and 3D interactive procedures to support the operation and maintenance of aircraft systems.
- Utilize engineering flight test information to create and revise flight documents mentioned below:
- Airplane Flight Manual
- Pilot’s Abbreviated Checklists
- Operating Manuals
- Pilot’s Operating Handbooks
- Verify accuracy of content, instructions and illustrations
- Collaborate with design engineers, project teams and customer service representatives.
- Validate technical document procedures by conducting virtual (CATIA) and on-aircraft validations of part details, assemblies and installations.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Relative experience in technical field is preferred.
- A&P and/or Pilot’s license a plus.
- An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance practices and aircraft manufacturing.
- Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry (iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc.) specifications and guidelines.
- Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.