Aircraft Quality Auditors & Instructors
Aircraft Quality Auditors & InstructorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Auditors & Instructors in Melbourne, Florida.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation maintenance, modification and/or manufacturing;
- Experience working in FAA Part 145 Repair Stations preferred;
- Experience with teaching, training, or giving detailed instruction;
- Airframe & Powerplant license preferred.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of quality and safety management system implementation and/or maintenance;
- Lead Auditor certification preferred;
- Must be available to travel occasionally in support of audit programs;
- Excellent prioritization, planning, and organizational skills with proven track record of consistently finishing projects, producing results, and driving sustainment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of working, influencing and building trusting relationships across functions;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- C.A.S.E qualified or relevant experience.
Nature of Work:
The role of a Quality Auditor is crucial in the implementation, oversight, and continuous improvement of the STS Quality and Safety Management Systems. The environments in which this work is performed ranges from executive offices and boardrooms to the hangar floor and manufacturing areas in STS facilities and that of our suppliers. This position will also be a supporting instructor/developer to teach technical and non-technical courses as required.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, driven, and passionate about the aerospace industry. Additionally, they must be comfortable and capable of communicating effectively with personnel at all levels of the STS organization. Finally, due to the nature of the work, the ability to diffuse confrontational situations and maintain a professional demeanor in all environments is required.
- Scheduling and conducting internal quality audits and external supplier audits (lead auditor and team member);
- Supporting, maintaining, and improving all facets of the Quality Management System for ISO 9001 & AS9110 as well as FAA Repair Station and PMA Operations in addition to Safety Management Systems focused on both product and personnel safety;
- Assisting in the defining, implementation, and monitoring of processes and procedures to ensure company is meeting all regulatory and QMS requirements;
- Establishing, maintaining, and monitoring Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure quality objectives and strategic planning goals are met;
- Assist as needed in customer audits and source inspections;
- Performing or supporting root-cause analysis and corrective action identification through the use of quality problem solving tools;
- Participating in process improvement meetings to provide quality input and direction;
- Ensuring that documentation of improvements are completed and approved as needed;
- Continually evaluating systems and procedures for improvement for efficiency while ensuring compliance to applicable regulatory requirements and standards;
- Develops, implements, and records both classroom and distance training curriculum to include:
- Aircraft familiarization and specific ATA courses
- Company policies and procedures
- Workplace safety
- Human Factors
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.