Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors
Aircraft Quality Control InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors for positions in Marana, Arizona.
Inspects aircraft parts/components and materials in accordance with proper procedures, methods, practices operations and safety. Reviews and audits technical records that support airworthiness of all aircraft, aircraft parts/components and in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’S).
- Researches technical data and performs aircraft inspection, Storage operations and shop work in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and policies and procedures.
Inspects parts and materials purchased for use in maintaining, modifying and configuration of aircraft and equipment to see that quality, allowable tolerances, and other specifications and standards set by the company and the applicable manufacturer are met.
- Records all inspection data on forms, reports and inspection tags and brings to the attention of the Lead Inspector any irregularities in the standard practice used that would cause injury to personnel or make the aircraft unsafe.
- Ensures that corrective actions used on all types of work cards have proper references documented as to work performed.
- Ensure that RIIs are properly identified on all work cards used in accordance with customer procedures manuals.
- Ensures that all Work-In-Progress Conformity Records are properly documented as to work performed for that shift assigned.
- Performs the function of receiving inspector for those parts or materials routed for checking.
- Tests tightness of airframe connections with hand tools and utilizes flashlight and mirror to inspect fit of parts.
- Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of ailerons and rudders to ensure that workmanship and materials conform with Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures.
- Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system using protractor, micrometer, calipers, and gauges to ensure that specified tolerances are met. Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit.
- Logs inspections performed on aircraft.
- Marginal Job Functions: Performs facility audits for safety and policy compliance.
- Coordinates with customer representatives.
- Performs duties of Lead Inspector in his/her absence.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, Manager or Chief Inspector.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty. Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
- Experience: Three years experience in aircraft inspection preferred
- Certificates/Licenses: A&P License required. Valid drivers license required.
- Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions
Since this is a direct hire job, our client provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.