Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors (REQ# 179694)
Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors (REQ# 179694)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors in Savannah, Georgia.
In a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in Initial Phase Manufacturing, Composites, Final Phase in a timely and efficient manner to ensure aircraft parts, sub-assemblies, major assemblies, and installations are built to type design data.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform inspection duties utilizing engineering drawings and orders, route cards, inspection travelers, work instructions, technical specifications, QA procedures and instructions, and other related documents
- Perform preliminary and progressive inspections of aircraft structure and systems, verify functional operation, final inspections, inspect for FOD and verify paperwork. Witness, verify and document specified manufacturing process steps
- Perform conformity/first article inspections to ensure compliance with FAA approved procedures
- Ensure the proper use and storage of area tools and equipment
- Conduct work in a manner that enhances own/other employees health and safety, product safety and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the Safety program at the local level.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing personnel.
- Perform area inspections to ensure compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School degree or GED.
- Completion of formal inspection training program within 90 days of assignment.
- One (1) year quality inspection experience or two years GAC manufacturing experience.
- Two (2) years manufacturing experience or equivalent aerospace experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics, and CATIA or blueprint reading and interpretation
- Competent in the use of basic shop tools and equipment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.