Aircraft Quality Engineers (REQ# 178727)
Aircraft Quality Engineers (REQ# 178727)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
Working under general supervision, in a team oriented environment, perform all tasks in area of responsibility in a timely and efficient manner to support the inspection/quality system ensuring all aspects of the delivered/finished article is manufactured in accordance with approved quality system requirements and is certified as compliant to type design requirements or compliant with in service limitations for Repair Station activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the compliance of the quality activities of suppliers or Gulfstream facilities through the application of system, product and process audits to the requirements of the FAA approved data.
- Certify a supplier or assess a Gulfstream facility quality system, personnel, processes and equipment as required to the applicable quality standards.
- Perform surveillance, source inspections, and first article inspections at supplier facilities, foreign or domestic and/or monitor the inspection system performance throughout all Gulfstream Operations, Materials and Repair Stations.
- Coordinate quality assurance program plans, monitor and modify audit schedules, evaluate acceptance test programs, and quality engineering requirements of Gulfstream suppliers or facilities and review to ensure program effectiveness and integrity.
- Witness and validate acceptance, qualification, interchangeability, configuration and compatibility tests.
- Provide Gulfstream liaison support regarding supplier or facility performance to established requirements.
- Coordinate documentation support for FAA Compliance.
- Conduct product, system or process failure investigations, and provide technical assistance in resolution of quality problems.
- Verify required. corrective action implementation for timeliness and effectiveness.
- Perform trend analysis of audit results to identify quality system deficiencies.
- Work with other departments as needed to meet quality compliance of parts and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years related technical experience in a manufacturing environment or repair and overhaul working with quality management systems with continually increasing responsibility to include 3 years experience specific to the appropriate Quality department work to be performed.
- Previous Quality experience relative/complying with Regulatory Standards.
- Understands and is able to apply and communicate to others: blueprints/specifications; Federal Aviation Regulations; Quality Control System Requirements; knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication techniques and processes.
- Computer literate; capable of working within the various software applications utilized throughout the corporation.
- ASQ Certification as Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor preferred.
- A&P license preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.