Aircraft Quality Inspectors
Aircraft Quality InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Inspectors in Jacksonville, Florida!
To ensure the efficient implementation of the Quality processes as they pertain to program assigned. Outside of direct program responsibilities is to efficiently collect metrics, analyze trends and evaluate processes for continual improvements. Additionally, the position is responsible for resolving quality issues that impact aircraft production schedule. Other responsibilities include, participating as a team member in resolving Corrective Action Requests, interfacing with vendors regarding quality issues, and maintaining data collection of quality related program data. The QAI performs in-process inspections/audits and witnesses in-process and acceptance testing when required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with manufacturer’s inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft mission systems are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
- Review log books and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work documents
- Perform required inspection functions during all checks on routine work documents
- Ensure that all inspections are performed as required during manufacturing process and high standards of workmanship are being attained
- Submit recommendations for the elimination of recurrent system deficiencies determined during inspection procedures and the elimination of unnecessary maintenance procedures as determined by practical experiences
- Evaluate current processes, procedures, and instructions for efficiency and streamlining
- Coordinate with Government Quality Representatives on program quality issues including inspection schedules
- Coordinate with vendors on program quality issues
- Ensures that quality of incoming and outgoing products conform to established company and regulatory standards (Air safety and Certificate of Conformance issuance).
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to process.
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required
- DOD Aircraft Manufacturing experience preferred
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license is preferred
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems
- Wire coding systems
- Avionics test equipment
- Knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job
- Skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- 3-5 years’ experience in aviation (military or commercial industry)
- Experience in parts quality inspections and control activities
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving functions, HAZMAT certification preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access).
- SAP experience is a plus
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.