Aircraft Quality Manager
Aircraft Quality ManagerSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Quality Managers in Victorville, California.
The Quality Manager is responsible for inspecting, sampling and testing the paint process. He/she will ensure that the quality of services meet the customers’ expectation through the documentation of each step in the process and measured for its effectiveness. He/she work as a cohesive unit to manage all quality control aspects of aircraft maintenance, aircraft painting, material and tooling acquisition, and administration of maintenance and training records.
- Coordinates external audit inspections, reports, corrective actions, and responses.
- Oversees customer inspector training and certification requirements.
- Maintains work orders per established inspection procedure and air worthiness releases are approved and signed.
- Ensure that inspection items are completed and compliant.
- Complete parts tags processed properly with proper tag attached.
- Support records supervisor with auditing work orders.
- Handle receiving, preliminary, in-process, hidden damage and final inspections.
- Provide onboarding training (initial and recurrent) to site employees as needed.
- Perform quality assurance audits and routine surveillance of in-process work.
- Manage the internal quality audit program.
- Review inspection forms and paperwork for proper completion.
- Serve as the alternate repair station point of contact for the FAA.
- Survey and approve potential materials and service vendors
- Manage the administration of manuals: Repair Station, Quality Control, Repair Station Training, Operations Specifications and the Quality Management System.
- Create and maintain Reporting of Service Risks, Major Repairs and Unapproved Parts in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Evaluate inspector and designated inspector qualifications and authorization to perform appropriate inspection.
- Ensure that all Aircraft Maintenance Meets FAA, customer, company and/or manufacturer specifications.
- Effective communicator (verbal & written) and motivator.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to filter key points form complex details and develop plans accordingly.
- Good negotiation and report writing skills.
- Wear full face respirators, coveralls and fall restraint equipment.
- Must pass a DOT Drug and Alcohol Test.
- 10 Year Background Check and obtain TSA Airport Badge.
- Work a variety of shifts based on company and client needs.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing training program related items.
- Experience with Lean Production, TQM, and/or Six Sigma, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced industrial environment.
This position directly supervises Inspectors and carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with the IAC’s policies and applicable laws. Including interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education / Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operational Management, General Business.
- Experience in Lieu of College Education (consideration).
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in the Aviation Quality/Inspection Area with a large organization.
- Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: Current FAA A&P Certificate (validation verified) and continuing education of CFRs such as Part 145, 121, 65 and Part 43.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Physical Demands: The employee is required to work at a desk for long periods of time.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an energetic, team-oriented office environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.