Aircraft Reliability & System Safety Engineers
Aircraft Reliability & System Safety EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Reliability & System Safety Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Authoring System Safety Reports including Aircraft and System Functional Hazard Assessments, Common Mode Analysis, and Zonal Safety Analysis.
- Assisting authors with Preliminary System Safety Assessments, and System Safety Assessments. This includes supporting FMEA, fault tree analysis, qualitative and quantitative analysis, etc.
- Provide support for ODA Unit Member making findings of compliance for the FAA in the above areas or make finding of compliance as an ODA Unit Member.
- Assist systems design and engineering teams in ensuring all aspects of 23/25.1309 compliance are addressed including reviewing certification plans and supporting reports.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs.
- Experience in System Safety/Reliability and/or aircraft mechanical, avionics or electrical systems design and/or certification is desired.
- Experience with domestic and foreign aircraft certification process is desired.
- Knowledge of the safety assessment processes outlined in AC 23.1309-1D SAE ARP 4761/4754A and the draft version of AC 25.1309 is desired.
- A working knowledge of DO-178 & DO-254 is desired.
- Experience in system assessment using modeling tools such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), (Failure Modes and Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), and Fault Trees Analysis (FTA) is desired.
- Ability to use Reliability Workbench (Fault Tree+) is desired.
- Experience with fault tree modeling tools such as Fault Tree+, Relex, and CAFTA is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required.
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.