Aircraft Sealer Technician
Aircraft Sealer TechnicianSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sealer Technicians in Melbourne, Florida.
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production sealing operations. Analyze processes and process improvement.
- Performs basic sealing activities according with the assemblies in station, those variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production sealing operations.
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May remove sealing and re apply, modify, rework and perform to the final finish according to specifications .
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Completes work package documentation as required by FAA and/or repair station manual.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and certification of airworthiness.
- High School/ GED
- A&P and mechanical / electrical experience a plus
- Structures experience a plus.
- Generally 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Entry Level Technician Role, requiring Basic Skills to perform basic tasks within the Technical Area assigned to in area of responsibility with assembly, mechanical, electrical or aircraft structures as well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Minimal Knowledge beyond the assigned work
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work
- Performs basic, less complex and routine Technical Assignments
- Assists Journeyman Level or Higher Technicians on moderately complex technical assignments
- Proficient in riveting, installation of relate hardware, usage of precision instruments and utilization of hand tools to perform these tasks
- Must be able to fabricate parts
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 “Respirator Protection” regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.