Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Brunswick, Georgia.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions
- Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP)
- Assist in monthly 5S audits
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required
Additional Job Functions:
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years experience of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience
- Valid Driver’s License required
- A working knowledge of sheet metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheet metal installation and fabrication work
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.