Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Marana, Arizona!
To perform functions assigned in the repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures.
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures including main landing gear fittings, aircraft skins and floor beams in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and nonmetallic materials, machining, and layout techniques.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material, such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Makes appropriate entries in Component Removal Log, completes identification tags, and repairable/parts routing tags upon removing components from aircraft.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Makes appropriate entries on routine and non-routine work cards.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner.
- Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management.
- Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One to five years experience in aircraft structural repair preferred.
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position.
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment.
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- A License preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.