Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Follows approved repair/modification procedures for component or aircraft, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repairs using test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping off after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and recertification of airworthiness.
- Bolts, screws, or rivets accessories to fasten, support, or hang components and subassemblies.
- Cuts, trims, and files parts, and verifies fitting tolerances to prepare for installation.
- Drills holes in structure and subassemblies, and attaches brackets, hinges, or clips to secure installation or to fasten subassemblies.
- Inspects and tests installed units, parts, and equipment for fit, performance, and compliance with standards, using measuring instruments and test equipment.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Able to identify bolts, screws, rivets and various fasteners used to support or assemble components.
- Installs units, parts, equipment, and components in structural assembly, according to blueprints and specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
- Locates and marks reference points and holes for installation of parts and components, using jigs, templates, and measuring instruments.
- Provide information and documentation for engineering requests.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
- High School/ GED
- A&P and / or structures experience a plus, or repairman’s certificate may substitute for A&P.
- Must be able to fabricate parts.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.