Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics
Aircraft Sheet Metal MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Shreveport, Louisiana.
The Structure Mechanic is responsible to inspect, overhaul, repair, modify, and troubleshoot airframe parts, systems, and components. The Structures Mechanic is responsible to perform work within the FAA, and company standards of quality.
- Shall positively support and promote safety, security and quality as a fundamental function of the overall responsibility. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by company manuals
- Keep a clean and safe work area at all times. Ensure that waste materials, paint, alodine, and other fluids are properly handled
- Accomplish work within job standards or estimated hours
- Support engineering in developing repairs and modifications for transport category airplanes
- Fabricate parts and assemblies for use in engineering modifications and repairs. These parts will be inspected to ensure the parts can be fabricated to the engineering data and FAA requirements
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable or condemned parts
- Inform their Supervisor/Lead immediately of any unairworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure a smooth and continuous workflow
- Ensure that GMM, and FAA regulations and procedures are followed
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Direct Supervisor or Direct Manager
- Interface with the Supervisor to recommend improvements needed to increase performance and quality
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Occasional travel to perform duties away from base
- Two (2) years, aircraft structural Maintenance experience
- Transport category aircraft (Preferred)
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Must provide own tool
- Valid, unrestricted Driver’s License
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.