Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians (REQ# 194087)
Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians (REQ# 194087)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians in Dallas, Texas.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Technician I works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality.
- Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities.
- Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved Gulfstream repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce picklists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year experience of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience.
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required.
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Gulfstream Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.