Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians (Citation Project)
Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians (Citation Project)STS Technincal Services
West Star Aviation
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians in Grand Junction, Colorado.
This position requires a basic knowledge of turbine aircraft structures and the related systems. The job includes mastery of all basic metal functions with hand and power tools common to the aircraft sheet metal trade as well as understanding of blueprints, quality control and regulatory requirements. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team Leader in charge of the project. May be required to work independently or lead small projects.
- Perform sheet metal operations such as drilling, riveting, cutting on Citation Sovereign airframe and associated components.
- Application and removal of sealant, sound deadening and finish materials.
- Maintenance, cleaning and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A&P License preferred.
- A valid driver’s license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required.
- 5 years’ experience aircraft sheet metal preferred.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Accept guidelines and ask questions pertinent to job at hand.
- Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
- Perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Consistently uphold quality standards and adhere to sheet metal crew procedures and policies.
- Other technicians in turbine service or other departments.
- Team Leader of team assigned, Director of Maintenance.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
- Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands
- Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
- Troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
- Work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Director of Maintenance.
- Assigned to a Crew Leader and will work under the direct supervision of that Crew Leader.
- The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
- Work outside will occur.
- Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
- Extensive use of tall ladders and elevated work stands may be required.
- Personal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
- Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
- Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
- Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.