Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians
Aircraft Sheet Metal TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Technician works independently or with moderate supervision to fabricate and install complex interior subassemblies in aircraft.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and our client’s standard of quality.
- Ask questions as needed to understand processes and responsibilities. Keep Leads informed of progress, problems, and job status.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Assist with disassembly and reassembly of aircraft interiors.
- Sign off drawings and Work Order items.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure conformity with drawings and compliance with approved client repair station procedures.
- Adapt to sudden changes while maintaining productivity and standards of quality.
- Use the resource planning system to produce pick lists and enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Effectively use technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
- Must have basic knowledge of the tools required to perform the job (i.e., drills, scales, clekos, rivet gun, bucking bar) Also prefer sheet metal schooling, however schooling does not replace the 1 year experience requirement.
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal or fabrication processes (cutting, bending, forming, drilling) is required
- Blueprint reading and basic math skills are required
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.