Aircraft Assemblers – Structures
Aircraft Assemblers – StructuresSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Aircraft Assemblers – Structures in Charleston, South Carolina!
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
Suitable will have ONE year of direct Aerospace Structural Experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of solid Aerospace Structural Experience.
CANDIDATES WITHOUT AEROSPACE STRUCTURAL EXPERIENCE will NOT be considered, unless they have completed a relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc.
- Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with procedures
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts
- Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
- Frequent overhead work may be required
- Frequent overtime may be required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.