Aircraft Structural Design Engineer (REQ #155101)
Aircraft Structural Design Engineer (REQ #155101)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Aircraft Structural Design Engineer in Savannah, Georgia.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of our client’s products and services
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Fundamental understanding of airframe structural design
- Experience and ability with computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar
- Experience in post-production environment or as a production MRB engineer
- Ability to design an airframe structural repair drawing and calculate the basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving
- Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Experience in the repair of metal bonded structure
- A working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and the understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within an in-service environment.
- Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies 6. Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.