Aircraft Structural Mechanics (REQ# 184812)
Aircraft Structural Mechanics (REQ# 184812)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structural Mechanics in Savannah, Georgia.
In a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required. to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment.
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.